Excited to have our first blog post up on Medium. Before we tap into the technicalities behind our digital health platform, and the ICO launching in Q1, the Aimedis team would like to proudly welcome the world into our Vision room.
Aimedis was founded in 2016 by the practicing physicians Michael J. Kaldasch and Ben El Idrissi, who have been working in Internal Medicine and Neurology for over 12 years (in hospitals located worldwide).
The idea to the project was born during their times in ER and ICU while searching for vital patient medical history all the time. In 2012 they initiated the research project “TheHealthNet” which was clinically tested until end of 2015.
Based on their experiences in this project, Aimedis was initiated in 2016.
Aimedis the Company
Aimedis is a Netherlands-based company striving to provide the next generation healthcare solution. We wish to connect patients to e-healthcare services and product providers such as: doctors, hospitals and scientific research facilities, on one side. On the other, Aimedis makes use of the latest generation AI algorithms and incorporates blockchain technology (such as smart contracts, and data security protocols) to enhance the UX of users.
Here is all the information on Aimedis B.V., the company.
Aimedis the Team
Michael J. Kaldasch is the CEO and cofounder of Aimedis and is up to nowadays practicing physician in internal medicine.
Ben El Idrissi is the COO and cofounder of Aimedis and is also practicing physician in neurology.
Lazaros Fountoukidis is (CMO) chief medical officer, practicing specialist in psychiatry and is having his own practice near Duesseldorf.
Sankar Ganesha is (CTO) the chief technical officer of Aimedis. He has 18 years of IT expertise in multiple domains including healthcare, banking, logistics and service industries. He is specialized in data protection especially in countries of EMEA.
Roxana Nasoi is Aimedis’ (CCO) chief communication officer, and the best at connecting people, and growing communities. Marketing and Analytics have been part of her professional development since early college days.
Catherine Angcaya is responsible for the human resources department, is the founder of DrMedLoc and has years of experience in acquiring specialist medical personal.
Daria Borisenko is responsible for the business development in Russia, Belarus, the Ukraine, and other Russian speaking areas where she is also the contact person for Russian speaking people who want to get in touch with Aimedis.
Amer Mufti is the lead developer of Aimedis. He is a Virginia Tech graduate. In over 20 years of software development at Fortune 50 companies like Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, and Goldman Sachs, he trained his skills in delivering reliable and performant software.
Sebastian Wehkamp is Aimedis’ creative director. He is a film director, creative head and founder of “24 gute Taten e.V.” which is doing charity projects all over the world.
Benjamin Bergmann is chief security officer of Aimedis. He is SCRUM master, full stack developer, IT security and data protection specialist and also responsible for security audits.
Team of developers and marketing assistants from Russia, Germany, Switzerland, Philippines, who will be listed on the ICO website upon its launch.
The Aimedis Vision Room
The Aimedis team has been working on multiple e-health projects since 2009 but started its first own version of a working platform (codename “TheHealthNet”) focusing on patient — doctor connection and data exchange in 2012. The system was tested successfully in the clinical environment, forming the foundation for the later development of Aimedis. Our experiences made during this pilot time combined with 12 years of clinical experience in internal medicine and neurology by the founders were key to a system considering the demands of patients as well as of professionals in the medical field.
The only project in the blockchain + healthcare space that has an already running platform, already used across hospitals in Europe (Germany being the first market).
We integrated the needs of patients and professionals to create a platform supporting patients by storing, transferring and validating all kinds of medical data, connecting to medical devices, providing remote supervision to medical professionals, institutions and other patients.
The only project in the blockchain + healthcare space that has a dedicated space for the patient Community.
Our conviction is that every human being deserves access to proper medical treatment. But where medical treatments fail, the uniting force of a community sharing the same experiences and medical conditions prevails.
The only project in the blockchain + healthcare space that has an already running AI protocol.
Aimedis supports doctors through AI and smart and intuitive interfaces to achieve time and cost efficiency, while increasing the level of quality in treatment.
The Customer Persona — Beginning Thoughts
The Aimedis users are:
- e-Patients enjoying freemium access to the space (Aimedis ecosystem)(families, individuals, and groups, independent of gender, income, ethnicity, religious background, preferences, etc.).
- e-Doctors (professionals who believe in the future of e-health and wish to extend their services and patientcare in a safe, online environment).
- e-Hospitals/e-Clinics (organizations, public and private, who understand the benefits of e-medicine and wish to work alongside e-Doctors to provide the best healthcare services to patients worldwide).
- Pharma, Insurance companies, startups and providers in the IoMT & IoT.
Aimedis Platform Values
- Located worldwide, 24/7 (efficient, globally distributed environment that addresses the needs of its user database independent of user location, timezone, currency, language, etc.).
- Fully compatible with the latest standards in health IT.
- ISO 27001 certified.
- Offers a valid solution for an improved patientcare experience, where the patients do not have to deal with stress, hidden costs; where doctors can provide a medical prognosis and diagnosis in a fast, easy, efficient manner, saving lives; where the hospitals and clinics who are partners in this project can contribute to a better healthcare system, and benefit from a truly satisfied audience (happy patients = happy doctors = happy medical society).
- Makes use of big data and statistics to provide trends and market demands, listen to the needs of its users, and improve the platform and its products on a regular basis; decisions backed by solid data.
- Adapt to governmental regulations and laws.